Project Name: Swanston Square
Address: 551, Swanston Street, Carlton 3053, Victoria
Suburb Profile for Carlton 3053:
Localities in this postcode
|Carlton North, East Melbourne, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Parkville|
Completion Date: 2015
No. of Apartments: 27-level apartments
Price Range: Please email “enquiry [at] zincip.biz” for more information.
Developer: Grocon Pty. Ltd.
Swanston Square is the redevelopment of the 1.6 hectare city block bounded by Swanston, Queensberry, Bouverie and Victoria Streets and was the former home of Carlton and United Brewery (CUB). Grocon purchased the site in 2008 from RMIT University.
A total of 300,000 sqm (approximately) of new built form will comprise the site, with a value in excess of $AUD 1.2 billion. A vibrant mix of retail, commercial offices, residential apartments and education facilities will emerge to create an exciting new Square.
Like our QV development in Melbourne, Swanston Square shall have a mix of uses, including:
- Variety Food and Beverage Facilities
- Civic; and
The Apartments is the first of the residential projects in this exciting development. Positioned in the centre of the site, the apartments will stand proud as a landmark building, designed by one of Australia’s leading architecture firms, Ashton Raggat McDougall (ARM).
The 32 level building has been designed to include:
- Secure entry on ground level integrated with potential café tenancies and surrounding ground level retail areas
- 4 levels of above ground car parking dedicated to residents with 174 car spaces privately accessed via two car lifts
- 536 apartments over 27 levels comprising 1 bed, 2 bed 1 bath and 2 bed 2 bath apartments
- Private residents’ Sky Deck on the top floor including foyer, cinema, lounge, open garden terrace and 2 spas with spectacular views across the CBD.